Sunday, November 18, 2012

Milo



We lost a member of the family on Friday. My cat that I've had for 16 years got very sick and I had to make that terrible decision.

I walked into the dining room this morning, half expecting to see him asleep on the chair in the sun. I always left the shades up and the chair sideways just for him, because he loved sleeping there so much.

I hope wherever he is now, there's an automatically refilling bowl of cat treats, a faucet that's perpetually turned on to just a trickle so he can get a drink whenever he wants, and a soft chair with a patch of sunlight always waiting for him.

I'm glad he's not suffering anymore, but man oh man, I miss him.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your lost. Milo was very pretty!
    You took the good decision, he's not suffering anymore as you say and this is what is important.
    I send you a lot of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the loss of your kitty. Making that decision is heart-wrenching but necessary in some instances and he is better off, though it leaves a hole in our lives and hearts. God bless you and comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sorry for your loss. I went through the same thing in the fall with my dog Abby. It's so hard... but time does soften the hurt. I found you through the Silhouette website, and see that it appears your "Cat & Fiddle" design must have been inspired by Milo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry. And I am certain that Milo has the automatically refilling bowl of cat treats, a faucet that's perpetually turned on to just a trickle so he can get a drink whenever he wants, and a soft chair with a patch of sunlight always waiting for him.

    ReplyDelete